PADI Tec 50
The Tec 50 course completes your training as an entry-level tec diver, taking you past the limits of recreational diving.
What You’ll Learn
During the Tec 50 course, you
- Make actual decompression dives as deep as 50 metres/165 feet
- Use enriched air nitrox and/or oxygen for decompression
- Use desk top decompression software to create custom dive tables and plan your dives
- Qualify to make technical decompression dives independently
Get College Credit
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Tec 50 Course.
The Scuba Gear You’ll Use
You use technical scuba diving equipment
The Learning Materials You’ll Need
TecRec blogThe Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to tec diving lingo, emergency procedures, decompression and stage cylinder handling and gas planning. The pak includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- DSAT Tec 45 Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which
- 20 dives must be enriched air dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- at least 15 dives must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a medical statement signed by your physician
All student divers of any level are required to complete the PADI medical questionnaire prior to starting course. Any student answering ‘Yes’ to one or more of the questions may require medical clearance prior to commencing in water activities. A copy of the medical form can be found here.